Kurt and Al squeeze in a podcast session between the Tigers winning the ALDS and starting the ALCS. We realize the Detroit Tigers are killing all kinds of narratives and everything's coming up Milhouse!
Bless You Boys Podcast 60 has a running time of 53 minutes and features Al Beaton and Kurt Mensching.
- We're beat! Late west coast starts are killer on the personal life.
- The Tigers won the ALDS because they had the best player. The Athletics deserve vast amounts of credit for taking the series to 5 games.
- Can we finally put to rest the "Justin Verlander has to prove he’s a big game pitcher?" media narrative?
- How good was Verlander in game 5? His game score of 89 was the highest by a pitcher in a elimination game in post-season baseball history.
- Can the "2012 Tigers underachieved" narrative be put to bed as well?
- Who was the Tigers' ALDS MVP not named "Verlander?"
- Were the struggles of Prince Fielder and Miguel Cabrera in the ALDS over-amplified?.
- The bullpen scares us.
- Game 4 fallout!
- Jose Valverde isn't the worst closer in baseball. But he did pick the worst time possible to blow up.
- The team follows Jim Leyland's lead. He took the correct course of action after the horrific game 4 loss, saying that it was a great baseball game and they'll get 'em in game 5. Which they did.
- If players treated each game like the fans their heads would explode well before the end of the season.
- The Tigers are going to be damn hard to beat in a short series.
- Do you prefer how the Tigers match up with the Yankees or having home field advantage against the Orioles?
- The vocal "FIRE LEYLAND" brigade is still making a ridiculous amount of noise. Words fail me...
- All 4 division series go to a game 5. It's a great time to be a baseball fan. Everything is not only coming up Milhouse, but coming up Bud as well.
- Kurt says the Tigers win the ALCS in 6 games, doesn't matter who they play. Al realizes we're actually living through a golden age of Detroit Tigers baseball.
Click to directly download the MP3, or listen via the streaming version below.
The BYB Podcast can be streamed on-demand over your iPhone / iPad, Android device, BlackBerry or Palm/webOS phone via Stitcher Radio! You can find links to the app at Stitcher.com, the iTunes App Store, Google Play and other device app stores.