Bless You Boys Podcast 61 is full of confessions. Allison confesses a crime against her remote control, Al confessed he was still nervous after the Tigers had a 6 run lead in ALCS game 4 and Kurt...well, he confesses nothing.
This week's Bless You Boys Podcast was recorded a couple of hours after the Detroit Tigers swept the New York Yankees. So as you might guess, this week's episode is 95% ALCS. We intentionally held off on much talk about the upcoming World Series as we plan on recording a preview before game 1.
BYB Podcast 61 has a running time of 1:07 and features Kurt Mensching, Allison Hagen and Al Beaton.
- ALCS SWEEP! The only person not surprised was Allison. Why? She predicted it.
- Will we hear more about the Tigers winning or the Yankees losing?
- Was the 9th inning of game 1 bungled? Did you think the game, and possibly the series, was over?
- How well did Jim Leyland handle the game 1 blow-back?
- The Jose Valverde "situation."
- We couldn't be happier for disgruntled former Yankee employee Phil Coke!
- Can a bullpen by committee continue to work?
- Don't be fooled by ALCS MVP Delmon Young.
- Will the Tigers risk playing Young in the outfield during the World Series or will the Tigers stay with what has been a very effective platoon?
- Speaking of bungling, could the game 4 rain out been handled any worse?
- Justin Verlander is good.
- So are the other 3 starters in the rotation.
- Did the numerous controversies swirling around the Yankees affect their ALCS performance?
- Did Yankees manager Joe Girardi deserve the amount of heat he received from the NYC media?
- Mike Ilitch has been both reprehensible (pre-2003) and great (post-2003) as the Tigers' owner.
- What percentage of saves should a closer be expected to convert?
- Any chance Papa Grande is not on the 25 man World Series roster?
- Final thoughts includes talk of smashed cable box remotes.
Click to directly download the MP3, or listen via the streaming version below.
The BYB Podcast can be streamed on-demand over your iPhone / iPad, Android device, BlackBerry or Palm/webOS phone via Stitcher Radio! You can find links to the app at Stitcher.com, the iTunes App Store, Google Play and other device app stores.