NEW YORK, NY - APRIL 27: Justin Verlander #35 of the Detroit Tigers delivers a pitch in the first inning against the New York Yankees at Yankee Stadium on April 27, 2012 in the Bronx borough of New York City. (Photo by Mike Stobe/Getty Images)
Tigers are winning, yay. But that last half inning stunk. Time for an overflow.
- Justin Verlander hasn't given up a HR for awhile. Like Sept, 24, 2011. Unless you're counting the postseason series against Texas. I would prefer to forget that. So we won't count it. He has given up 2 today.
- The Tigers have scored 6 runs without any HR of their own.
- Brad Eldred hit a triple. Probably should be a single plus error, but whatever. We'll take it. He has two hits.
- Austin Jackson has three(!) hits.
- The Detroit Lions have a new wide receiver.
- The Green Bay Packers have a new Spartan.
- Some people may be putting on life jackets in the game thread, possibly ironically. Such hipsters!
- Fun times?