Bullets...which the Detroit Tigers won't use to shoot themselves in the foot.
- No major changes in the Tigers' lineup, save for Ryan Raburn back at 2nd base after returning from bereavement leave.
- Quintin Berry gets his 3rd consecutive start in center field. The sample size is beyond small, but the 27 year old rookie has been just fine with the bat in his short time with the Tigers, as .333/.500/.833 attests.
- A dose of reality and luck: The Tigers are 20-24 with a -10 run differential. The New York Mets are 24-21 with a -35 run differential. Just sayin'.
- Tonight is the13th game of a 24 game stretch in which 19 of the Tigers' games are on on the road. Just something to keep in mind when looking at their record. I'm grasping at straws here...
- There was time time you had to go though the Minnesota Twins to win the Central. Now? Not so much. The last place Twins are 11 games out of 1st with a 15-29 overall record, are 6-14 at home, been swept 5 times in 2012 and coming off a series loss to the Chicago White Sox. Time for the Tigers to finally put 2 wins together. And at this point, I will consider 2 straight wins a big time winning streak.
- Going back to September 2010, the Tigers have won 18 of 24 from the Twins, and 8 of their last 10 at Target Field. Let's hope the trend continues and may the Horrordome remain dead and buried.
Drew Smyly, P