It's time for another Bless You Boys Podcast, where we would rather talk about Donner the dog, the forest fires in the Upper Peninsula, Alli's weekend with her boyfriend, the USMNST, the NBA draft lottery, Nick Lidstrom...anything to keep us from being depressed over the Detroit Tigers' current situation. But talk Tigers we do, because we're fans, through Hell and high water, thick and thin...mostly Hell and thin as of late, unfortunately.
BYB Podcast 42 runs 1:07 and features Kurt Mensching, Allison Hagen and Al Beaton.
- Kurt's latest Detroit News column calls out Tigers fans who want Jim Leyland fired.
- Was Fox Sports Detroit's Rod Allen correct when he said after the end of another loss, "It's not early anymore?"
- The RAYBRUN SUX!!1! types got their wish, as the Tigers sent Ryan Raburn to Toledo in a desperate attempt to get his bat going.
- Omir Santos, who will be a 3rd string catcher, was called up to take Raburn's roster spot. WHY?
Doug Fister is placed on the 15-day DL...again.Should we panic?
- Will Fister's health issues change who the Tigers may be looking to acquire at the trade deadline?
- Hello Casey Crosby!
Quintin Berry looks as if he's in Detroit to stay, but in what role? No, it's not as a 2nd baseman!
- Austin Jackson is eligible to come off the disabled list, but isn't ready to return. Should we panic?
- Prince Fielder = Dr. Strangeglove.
- Jim Leyland demands accountability from the umpires, but he wants the media to do it for him.
- Maggilo Ordonez announced his retirement this week. We discuss Magglio's legacy.
Chris Perez calls out the Tigers.
- Pat Caputo of The Oakland Press calls out the Tigers for a trade they made...6 years ago? Where were his complaints about trading Omar Infante from 6 years ago? Oh, there were none? Figures.
There's also letters from the listeners and final thoughts!
We LOVE to hear from you. If you have any questions or comments about the podcast, please email us at BYBPodcast at Gmail.com.
Click to directly download the MP3, or listen via the streaming version posted below.
The BYB Podcast can be streamed on-demand over your iPhone, Android Phone, BlackBerry or Palm/webOS phone via Stitcher Radio! You can find links to the app at Stitcher.com, the iTunes App Store and Google Play.