We cover the gamut, from Gene Lamont hate to Quintin Berry love, in this week's Bless You Boys Podcast.
BYB Podcast 48 has a running time of 1:01 and features Kurt Mensching, Allison Hagen and Al Beaton.
- There are 2 tickets available for the BYB meetup in Detroit on August 4th! Contact Allison for details! Be there or be square!
- The Detroit Tigers just may be a pretty damn good baseball team. Are the Tigers who we thought they were?
- 1st place is on the line with 3 games against the hated Chicago White Sox!
- You may think Gene Lamont sucks. Kurt's Detroit News column tells us why he doesn't.
- Jim Leyland has laid down the law, he will no longer explain explain his sometimes questionable lineups.
- Should Jose Valverde be replaced as closer? If so, with whom?
- Apparently Jacob Turner value as a prospect tanked on Monday. That is if you believed the media (who wanted attention) and fans (who were in panic mode).
- Will there ever be a winner in the "How good/bad is Quintin Berry" debate?
- Ron Washington is an idiot.
- This week in media idiocy covers ridiculous tweets from local sports talk radio hosts.
- The lightning round features Rod Allen's so-called acting, Fake Jim Leyland, corner outfielders and FSD's lame nicknames for Berry - Q-Ball, QB, Quickness and ThunderClap.
- Final thoughts include summertime heat, Omar Infante and trade deadline rumor mongering from the usual suspects..
Quintin Berry mentions: Too many to count.
Twitter accounts mentioned: @FakeLeyland
Books mentioned: Lee Panas' Beyond Batting Average
We LOVE to hear from you. If you have any questions or comments about the podcast, please email us at BYBPodcast at Gmail.com.
Click to directly download the MP3, or listen via the streaming version below.
The BYB Podcast can be streamed on-demand over your iPhone, Android Phone, BlackBerry or Palm/webOS phone via Stitcher Radio! You can find links to the app at Stitcher.com, the iTunes App Store, Google Play and other device app stores.