- Ian fills us in on the Marlin's not-a-fire-sale, along their side of the trade with the Tigers. He also gives us the state of the NL divisional races, tells us if the Nationals and Pirates for real, just what the Hell happened to the Phillies and how badly the Astros will fare in the AL next season.
To recap the trade, the Tigers received 2nd baseman Omar Infante and starting pitcher Anibal Sanchez from the Miami Marlins in exchange for 3 prospects – Starting pitcher Jacob Turner, catcher Rob Brantly and pitcher Brian Flynn. The teams will also swap competitive balance draft picks, the Tigers moving to 37 in 2013, and the Marlins down to 73.
- How has Omar Infante changed as a player since his first go-round with the Tigers?
- What can Tigers fans expect from Anibal Sanchez? (Ian wrote more at B/R, so check that out.)
- Rumors say the Tigers are still in the trade market, specifically looking for a right hand hitting OF/DH. Who in the NL might make for a good fit?
- Moving up in the amateur draft is a huge deal.
- If Sanchez ends up being a rental player, does it change how you feel about the trade?
- The future is NOW.
- Thanks for everything, Drew Smyly...but you're going to Toledo.
- There's a roster squeeze oncoming with the return of Andy Dirks.
- Al Alburquerque has started his injury rehab assignment, but don't expect too much.
- Mlivers say the trade reminds them of the John Smoltz deal, believe Danny Worth was a perfect 2nd baseman and wonder why the Hell Tigers didn't trade for Hanley Ramirez.
- Even though he's long gone, Brandon Inge is not forgotten.
- The lightning round features the missing FSD Girl, Venezuelan food and voices in our head.
- Donner saved Kurt's life...well, that's what Donner thinks.
Quintin Berry mentions: There's a few.
Brandon Inge mentions: Just 1.
Blogs mentioned: Horsehide Chronicles
We LOVE to hear from you. If you have any questions or comments about the podcast, please email us at BYBPodcast at Gmail.com.
Click to directly download the MP3, or listen via the streaming version below.
The BYB Podcast can be streamed on-demand over your iPhone, Android Phone, BlackBerry or Palm/webOS phone via Stitcher Radio! You can find links to the app at Stitcher.com, the iTunes App Store, Google Play and other device app stores.