Oakland has finally been eliminated, and now it's on to Boston for another challenging series and a shot at a second consecutive World Series berth. You suspect the Tigers will win this ALCS against the Red Sox, but you don't entirely know why you feel that way. I'm here to help.
Top Ten Reasons the Tigers Will Beat the Red Sox in the ALCS
10. The Red Sox were only allowed to score 50 total runs against the Tigers this year, and they scored 20 of them on September 4
9. Upon hearing "Sweet Caroline" for the nine-billionth time, the Red Sox completely stop caring about winning (and everything else)
8. The Red Sox have beards - the Tigers have Ramon "The Razor" Santiago
7. Jacoby Ellsbury suddenly develops an inexplicable phobia of outfield walls
5. Koji Uehara hits a batter, Rod Allen chases him across the field and breaks his arm
4. David Ortiz, surrendering to irresistible hard-wired instincts, returns to his cave for early hibernation
3. The "Curse of the Bambino" hasn't been lifted, it just had to catch up with Y2K compliance issues
2. A confused Quintin Berry accidentally runs clapping into the Tigers dugout, instantly sparking their offense
And the No. 1 reason the Tigers will beat the Red Sox in the ALCS ...
1. Unhappy with the Peavy/Iglesias/Garcia trade, the Red Sox attempt to reverse things and somehow end up with Jose Valverde