Listen via the streaming version below:
- Miguel Cabrera is named 2013 AL MVP by the BBWAA for a second straight season.
- Brian Kenny, Keith Law and other bully pulpit owning sabermatriciians declare war, insulting anyone who believed Cabrera was a more deserving winner than Mike Trout.
- Max Scherzer is your 2013 AL Cy Young winner, no backlash ensues.
- Should we be celebrating individual awards while the Tigers keep coming up short of winning a World Series title?
- Depending on the rumor, Scherzer, Doug Fister, Rick Porcello and/or Prince Fielder are all on the trading block.
- Scherzer: 'I don't want to be traded!'
- The Tigers have reportedly been linked to free agent closers Joe Nathan and Brian Wilson.
- Baseball America ranks the Tigers' farm system as the second worse in all of baseball, 29th overall. So what else is new? And does it really make a difference?
- HookSlide is still in baseball post season rehab, Kurt is infuriated by a trashy tweet and Al teases upcoming podcast hijinks.
Reminder from Al: The new host for the BYB Podcast is Blog Talk Radio. You can check out the BYB Podcast as both an on-demand stream and a downloadable MP3 from this page. If you have been downloading the BYB Podcast via RSS or iTunes, you'll need to change your feeds. Click here for the new RSS feed. Click here for the new iTunes link. If you download the show via a podcast player, make sure you are using the feed labeled "Bless You Boys Podcast - Blog Talk Radio feed." And if you listen via Stitcher Radio, you won't need to change a thing. Thanks for listening and we appreciate your patience!
The Bless You Boys Podcast can be streamed on-demand over your iPhone, iPad, Android phone, Android tablet, BlackBerry, or via the web on Stitcher Radio. You can find links to the app at Stitcher.com, the iTunes App Store, Google Play and other device app stores.