The real winner of this league will be whoever can grow a mustache like this - US PRESSWIRE
The roster for BYB's official fantasy league for the 2013 season is set, and its participants are chomping at the bit to get started.
First, an explanation: Yahoo! loves all the participation that we're bringing to the table, but apparently we are supposed to have one Officially Official fantasy league for the site this season. Because of this, I chose the league with the most members (at the moment) as the "Official" BYB league. I apologize if this seems confusing, but rest assured I'm in the same boat. Either way, your bragging rights count the same at season's end.
That said, let's move onto the teams (with BYB usernames in parentheses). Any and all unoriginal team names should be mocked to no end in the comments:
- The Procrastinators (H20PoloPunk)
- Verlanderful (JWurm)
- AlAlDownsBerryCoke (bnumerich)
- Dewittiots (Jim Bunn)
- It Burns When I Peavy (dcaseydunn)*
- Choke Artists (tealy213)
- BSells12 (BSells12)
- Dirks in a Box (Thorpac)
- DudeYerGettinADelmon (jhitts08)
- A Coke and a Smyly (bobrob2004)
- Keepin It Villarreal (SpartanHT)
- I ran out of charact (mgoblue4ever)
- Mr Sunshines Funtime (mrsunshine)
- Twisted Fister (myself)
*Yes, I completely stole this team name for the other BYB league. It's that awesome.
The draft won't take place for another few weeks -- which is probably annoying the crap out of bnumerich -- giving us some time to see how rosters shake out during Spring Training. Depending on how annoyed Kurt gets with all of the fantasy talk, we may update with a link to the Opening Day rosters.
Prizes for this league are plentiful, and include (but are not limited to): Donner's old dog toys, Patrick's old law school textbooks (a.k.a. stone tablets), and a pair of game-worn socks from none other than Al Beaton himself -- no, he didn't play, but he definitely wore them during a game (or twelve).
Let the trash talking begin! And remember, participants: don't be a Delmon.
Once again, a word from our sponsors on why Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball is way better than a certain four-lettered acronym's jankety site.
- Yahoo! Sports is the leading fantasy provider on the Internet, home to millions of fans playing the #1 fantasy baseball game available – all for free!
- Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Baseball ’13 is easy to use, with mock drafts, player comparison features, and numerous customization options. Plus - Yahoo! Sports offers superior stability, especially during drafts and games (Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Baseball doesn’t drop the ball).
- The #1 free game keeps getting better: now with same day drafts, custom playoff seeding, and game-time waivers.
- Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Baseball provides fans with top-notch information, resources, and expert advice. From player notes to injury updates to player availability across leagues, Yahoo! Sports helps you win big. This year never miss a last minute injury with updated player notes.
- Yahoo! Sports provides pre-draft advice clips to help you draft the best team possible. Fantasy advice is also available throughout the season with bi-weekly video clips and the Fantasy Freaks on Yahoo! Sports Radio on Friday’s 8–10pm EST
- Don’t miss a trade or waiver wire again! Daily roster changes are made easy with the Fantasy Baseball app available on Android, iPhone, and iPad (new this year!).
- Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball gives you real-time fantasy score updates wherever you go. View team, league, and player stats, edit your lineups, and check your standings and matchups.
- Yahoo! Sports offers the fantasy fanatic an even more competitive way to play with Pro Leagues! Join a Pro League for $20 or $100 and compete to win cash prizes. For those who dare to put some skin in the game.
Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball supports SBNation and fantasy league families everywhere. Get better experts, better tools, and better stats with the #1 free fantasy baseball game. This season also features a brand new iPad app, so sign up now. Get ready for opening day with better play on Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Baseball.