BYB Podcast 81 has a running time of 1:05 and features Kurt Mensching and Al Beaton.
- Biogenesis: Ryan Braun cops a plea, Alex Rodriguez the next big target, MLB looks worse by the day.
- Jhonny Peralta: Questions abound - Will the Tigers' shortstop be suspended? If so, would he serve it right away or appeal? What could the Tigers' plan be if the worse case scenario happens?
- Hall of Fame ceremonies: The BBWAA didn't vote anyone living into the Hall, But current members did let loose with sanctimonious pontificating over steroids, ignoring baseball's seamy past in other areas.
- Rob Fick: The former Tiger admits he took PEDs. Apparently, they didn't help him on the field, just get back to it.
- Hello Jose Veras! Meet the former Astros closer, now the Tigers' new setup man.
- Goodbye, well, someone: Should Al Alburquerque be worried?
- Any other deadline moves on tap? Say a left-handed bat?
- Old folks home for former Tigers: Welcome to Triple-A Toledo Jeremy Bonderman and Jair Jurrjens.
- Justin Verlander, Prince Fielder and long-term deals: Albert Pujols' struggles, huge contract, and injury drawing attention to the Tigers' own monster contracts.
- Despite everything, the Tigers are in great shape: Winners of 7-of-8, season high 14 games over .500, three game lead over the Indians and doing so while overcoming injuries to Miguel Cabrera, Omar Infante, Torii Hunter, Darin Downs, Octavio Dotel along with a slumping Verlander and Fielder.
- RIP James Van Horn, aka Eat 'em up Tigers Guy: A funeral fundraising site has been set up at YouCaring.com. Down with Detroit will donate all proceeds from a t-shirt designed in James' honor toward his funeral and/or homeless charity.
We LOVE to hear from you. If you have any questions or comments about the podcast, please email us at BYBPodcast at Gmail dot com.
The BYB Podcast can be streamed on-demand over your iPhone, iPad, Android phone, Android tablet, BlackBerry, or via the web on Stitcher Radio. You can find links to the app at Stitcher.com, the iTunes App Store, Google Play and other device app stores.
Download the MP3, or listen via the streaming version below.