Tonight is one of my favorite events of they year, Basket Night! Each year the player's wives and girlfriends put a bunch of stuff that the players like in a basket and they auction it off for charity. I do not like it because of the money raised (although, that is nice) and I certainly do not like it for the insessant reminders during the telecast, I love Basket Night because it is such fun to make fun of. Everyone mocks the choices in comments sections and on Twitter all 'round the internet. Last year I projected what was in certain players baskets.
It is such fun I wonder why more people weren't asked. They have a Pitchers Package, Position Players Package, a Broadcasters Package, and even a PAWS Basket but why stop there? @Baroque97 has suggested we go a bit further.
- 6 hour subscription to MLB.tv
- Old pair of running shoes
- 2012-2013 Xavier Basketball highlight video (running time, 12 minutes)
- Albums several of under-appreciated bands
- Friends DVD box set
- Ambient Weather WM-4 - Handheld Weather Station w/ Windspeed, Direction, Temperature, Humidity, Compass, Dew Point, Comfort Index, Psychrometer
- A thesaurus
- Certificate for one night stay at an Antebellum Bed and Breakfast in South Carolina
- A 500-page college ruled spiral bound notebook containing his thoughts on Tiger Woods' mental make-up.
- Chamomile tea
- Bottle of Ensure
- Economy size bottle of conditioner
- A Manchester City F.C knitted hat (size XXL)
- An autographed #AustinJacksonStrikesOut poster
- A kitten
- A copy of MLB The Show
- Several extra twitter accounts
- A $5 big box home improvement store gift card
- A used DVD copy of Cloud Atlas
- A $5 gift card for Emagine theaters
- A Buddy’s pizza
- A 3 pack of Bell’s Hopslam.
- A German Shepherd-a-day desk calendar
- The 9-page Things to do in Michigan's Upper Peninsula guide book
- A 50-pound box of old editions of The Mining Journal
- A blue-ray copy of Iron Man
- A 1992 Pro Set #171 Wayne Fontes trading card
- A one-month subscription to TigerGIFsPlatinum
- An autographed copy of the MLB collective bargaining agreement.
Stadium Personalities Package
Rapping Drumming Guy
- A CD of Rapping Drumming Guy's hit song Look At Yo' Girl, You Got Good LUCK! I Bet You Go Home And Go... Find Something To Eat
Fake Phiten Necklace Seller Guy
- One fake Phiten necklace, JUST LIKE THE PLAYERS WEAR!
Charley the Singing Hot Dog man
- Some leftover mustard packets
- a pink slip
- Framed Eli Manning poster
- A "Chicks Dig the Long Ball" t-shirt
- An autographed pair of "Virgina is for Lovers" underpants
- Gently used Tigers logo t-shirts (6), shorts (5), jackets (2), duffle bag (2), headbands (10), wrist bands (5), pen set (2), plus a cardboard box filled with other assorted items emblazoned with the olde english D.