Most of us seem to enjoy the Tigers winning. Some of us handle it better than others. Winning 107 regular season games and then 11 postseason games may be more than some of us can handle. So, with that in mind, I would like to offer some tips to enjoying the upcoming season.
- Do not get frustrated winning only two of three and three of four. Phil Coke has to pitch sometimes too.
- Meme power. The new and improved "blue" meme's need to be savored and promoted.
- Avoid the pitfalls. "Should have fired Leyland years ago." "I wish (Insert Ex-Tiger) was still here."
- Blame for every loss. Gene Lamont. Always and forever.
- Errors. For every Tiger error just think "WWDKD". What would Don Kelly Do? Example: Castellanos throws wild to 1st, Cabrera leaps but comes down awkwardly and injures pinky toe, DK immediately cuts off both his, carries them out to Miggy and asks "Which one?"
- Handling those long two game losing streaks. Remember that JV, Max or Anibal starts the next game.
- Clutchness. In the words of Hawk... "He gone."
- Change your underwear. Will get pretty funky in the chunky if you stick to the Leyland and Lloyd theory of winning streaks. Significant others will also enjoy this one.
- MVP Threepeat. HOF. 2nd WS Ring. Get "
ClaptonMiggy is God" T-shirt.
- Thirty years ago.