Bless You Boys Podcast 107 has a running time of 54 minutes and features Al Beaton, HookSlide, and of course, Kurt Mensching.
Listen via the embedded on-demand stream:
- If you believe a certain vocal segment of the Detroit fan base, the Tigers are (voice of Comic Book Guy) the worst 5-3 team ever. EVER.
- The bullpen finally didn't give up a ninth inning run Friday night. Let's not mention the bottom of the ninth wasn't played...
- The Tigers' plight is commonplace in baseball. Bullpens are becoming a problem everywhere.
- Same pitcher, different season. Phil Coke is getting rocked. The Tigers have seven lefties in Toledo, but not one of them would be an upgrade to the Detroit bullpen?
- Joe Nathan: "I have a dead arm." Brad Ausmus: "Joe is still the closer."
- Numbers support Nathan's annual 'dead arm' period.
- Grantland: Trust in Dombrowski.
- The Detroit News' Tony Paul writes the Tigers may (and should) keep Drew Smyly in a relief role. Isn't Smyly more valuable to the team pitching 160 innings instead of 80?
- Anyone else prefer to see the Tigers play Andrew Romine over Alex Gonzalez at short?
- Both Avisail Garcia and Jose Iglesias are out for the season with injuries, while Brayan Villarreal is buried at Triple-A. Every young player involved in last year's three-team trade is jinxed!
- West coast baseball is a PITA ... especially for Rick Porcello.
- Seems MLB umpires have changed their interpretation of the "transfer rule" and didn't tell anyone.
The Bless You Boys Podcast can be streamed on-demand over your iPhone, iPad, Android phone, Android tablet, BlackBerry device, or via the web on Stitcher Radio. You can find links to the app at Stitcher.com, the iTunes App Store, Google Play and other device app stores.