Ed.: Please welcome James as one of our new contributors to minor league coverage. You can follow him on Twitter at @KingNahikian.
Triple-A: Toledo Mud Hens (32-46)
L, 7-2 vs. Pawtucket. Pawtucket blew the game wide open with a four-run fifth inning, as Pat Misch took the loss for the Mud Hens. Alex Avila appeared in his first game while on his rehab assignment, and was 0-3 with a walk. Nick Castellanos hit his 24th double of the season.
- DH Alex Avila (first rehab game): 0-3, BB
- LF Nick Castellanos: 1-4, 1 R, 2B (24)
Double-A: Erie SeaWolves (38-35)
- SS Eugenio Suarez: 0-4, 2 K
- 2B Hernan Perez: 0-4, 1 K
- C James McCann: 0-4, 2 K
- DH Tyler Collins: 0-4, 3 K
Advanced-A: Lakeland Flying Tigers (31-40)
L, 6-1 vs. Daytona. Wilsen Palacios and Michael Torrealba allowed three runs each and Lakeland's offense only plated one run. Francisco Martinez drove in the lone run, as he hit an RBI single in the sixth inning.
- 3B Francisco Martinez: 1-3, 1 RBI, 1 BB, 1 K
- RF Steven Moya: 1-4
Low-A: West Michigan Whitecaps (35-39)
W, 12-6 vs. Fort Wayne. The Whitecaps fell behind early, but West Michigan ended up having a big day at the plate. Detroit's 39th overall pick, Corey Knebel, made his debut in the contest and the right-hander pitched a perfect ninth inning.
- RHP Endrys Briceno: 5 IP, 6 H, 3 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
- RHP Corey Knebel: 1 IP, 0 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
- SS Jared Reaves: 4-5, 3 R, 2 2B (14), 2 RBI, 1 BB, 1 K
- 2B Devon Travis: 2-5, 2 R, 2B (16), 3 RBI
- DH Jeff Holm: 3-5, 4 RBI
- CF Connor Harrell: 2-5, 1 R, 2 K
- RF Jake Stewart: 1-5, 2 R, 1 HR, 3 RBI, 1 K
Class-A Short-Season: Connecticut Tigers (1-5)
L, 5-2 vs. Tri-City. This contest was scoreless into the tenth inning. Connecticut then allowed five runs in the top of the tenth frame, as all five runs were charged to Brett Huber. The Tigers were then only able to score two runs in the bottom half of the frame, as Ben Verlander hit a two-RBI single.
- RHP Jonathan Maciel: 1.2 IP, 1 H, 2 BB, 2 K
- RHP Hunter Scantling: 3.2 IP, 1 H, 3 K
- RHP Scott Sitz: 2.0 IP, 2 H, 4 K
- CF Austin Schotts: 1-4, BB, 2 K
- RF Ben Verlander: 1-4, 2 RBI, 2 K