Triple-A: Toledo Mud Hens (32-49)
L, 5-4 vs. Pawtucket. Continuing his rehab assignment, Alex Avila hit two doubles. Bruce Rondon pitched a perfect ninth inning. Toledo owned a 4-0 lead heading into the bottom of the seventh inning, but Derek Hankins and Matt Hoffman combined to give up five runs in the seventh. The Mud Hens were then shutout for the rest of the contest. Pawtucket fielded a roster featuring Jackie Bradley Jr., Will Middlebrooks, Bryce Brentz and Xander Bogaerts, all of which are highly thought of prospects. Nick Castellanos had the night off.
- RHP Bruce Rondon (14 pitches, 11 strikes): 1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 2 K
- RHP Brayan Villarreal (8 pitches, 5 strikes): 0.2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 K
- DH Alex Avila (fourth rehab game): 2-4, 2 2B, RBI, 1 K
- 1B Jordan Lennerton: 2-5, R, RBI, 2 K
Double-A: Erie SeaWolves (39-37)
L, 8-2 vs. Trenton. Hernan Perez and Tyler Collins scored one run apiece in the top of the fourth inning to give Erie a 2-0 lead, but Drew VerHagen allowed four runs in the bottom half of the frame and the SeaWolves were shutout for the rest of the ballgame.
- RHP Drew VerHagen (L, 0-2): 4.1 IP, 4 H, 4 R, 5 BB, 0 K
- RHP Will Clinard: 1.1 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 3 BB, 1 K
- SS Eugenio Suarez: 1-4, 2 K
- 2B Hernan Perez: 2-4, R
- C James McCann: 0-1
- LF Tyler Collins: 1-3, R, 2B (15), BB, 2 K
- CF Jamie Johnson: 0-4, 2 K
Advanced-A: Lakeland Flying Tigers (31-43)
L, 5-1 vs. Dunedin. The Flying Tigers recorded their lone RBI in the fifth inning, as Francisco Martinez hit a single that scored Chad Wright. Brett Lawrie continued his rehab assignment as he hopes to make his way back to Toronto. Lawrie went 1-2 with an RBI. Aaron Sanchez, the top prospect in the Jays’ system according to MLB.com, started for Dunedin and pitched three scoreless innings.
- RHP Nick Avila: 3.0 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 4 BB, 1 K
- 3B Francisco Martinez: 1-4, RBI
- RF Steven Moya: 0-4, 2 K
Low-A: West Michigan Whitecaps (38-39)
W, 4-0. vs. Dayton. Edgar De La Rosa started for the Whitecaps and pitched five scoreless innings en route to earning the win. West Michigan used a three-run third inning to take the lead for good. Jason King stayed hot with another extra base hit and Corey Knebel pitched a perfect ninth inning.
- RHP Edgar De La Rosa (W, 4-2): 5 IP, 5 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 3 K
- RHP Jonathan Maciel: 1.1 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 1 K
- RHP Corey Knebel: 1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 K
- LF Danry Vasquez: 2-2, 2 R, 2B (13), 2 BB
- SS Jared Reaves: 1-3, R, RBI, 1 K
- 2B Devon Travis: 2-3, R, 2B (17), RBI, BB
- 1B Jeff Holm: 1-4, 2 RBI
- CF Connor Harrell: 0-4, 1 K
- 3B Jason King: 1-3, 2B (3)
Class-A Short-Season: Connecticut Tigers (3-6)
W, 10-3 vs. Vermont. Ben Verlander had a big day at the plate, as he hit his first home run as a pro and recorded three RBI. Pat Leyland had two RBI himself and the Tigers pounded out five doubles in the contest. Johnnie Kirkland pitched three scoreless innings and earned the win for Connecticut.
- LHP Joe Mantiply: 2.2 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 4 K
- RHP Austin Pritcher: 1.1 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 2 BB
- RHP Scott Sitz: 2.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 3 K
- CF Austin Schotts: 1-5, R, 2 K
- RF Ben Verlander: 2-4, 2 R, 2B (2), HR (1), 3 RBI
- 1B Pat Leyland: 1-4, 2 RBI, 1 K
- LF Kasey Coffman: 3-5, 2 R, 2B (1), RBI
- 2B Javier Azcona: 2-5, R, 2B (5), 1 K