Triple-A: Toledo Mud Hens (32-50)
L, 3-0 vs. Pawtucket. Kyle Lobstein started for Toledo and took the loss. Continuing his rehab assignment, Alex Avila hit third in the order and went 0-4 with a strike out. The Mud Hens recorded seven hits in the shutout. Jackie Bradley Jr., Will Middlebrooks, Bryce Brentz and Xander Bogaerts, who are all highly thought of prospects in Boston’s organization, combined for just two hits in the contest.
- RHP Kyle Lobstein (L, 0-1): 5 IP, 5 H, 2 R, 3 BB, 5 K
- RHP Robbie Weinhardt: 1 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 0 K
- LF Nick Castellanos: 1-3, BB
- C Alex Avila (fifth rehab game): 0-4, 1 K
- 1B Jordan Lennerton: 0-4, 2 K
- DH Ramon Cabrera: 1-3
Double-A: Erie SeaWolves (39-38)
L, 3-1 vs. Richmond. Hernan Perez notched Erie’s only RBI, as he drove in Jamie Johnson with a fourth inning single. The SeaWolves recorded just four hits, and Jon Link took the loss. Link pitched seven innings, allowing ten hits and three runs.
- RHP Melvin Mercedes: 1 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 K
- SS Eugenio Suarez: 1-4
- 2B Hernan Perez: 1-4, RBI
- C James McCann: 0-4, 2 K
- LF Tyler Collins: 0-3, 1 K
- CF Jamie Johnson: 1-3, R, 1 K
Advanced-A: Lakeland Flying Tigers (32-43)
W, 6-2 vs. Dunedin. Kyle Ryan pitched six shutout innings en route to earning the win for Lakeland. Steven Moya had a big day for the Flying Tigers, as he recorded two hits and 3 RBI. Moya’s night was highlighted by a fourth inning triple that scored two runs. Dunedin’s Brett Lawrie continued his rehab assignment for Toronto and went 2-3 with a double.
- LHP Kyle Ryan (W, 7-5): 6 IP, 7 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 5 K
- 3B Francisco Martinez: 2-5, R, 2B (3), 1 K
- RF Steven Moya: 2-4, R, 3B (3), 3 RBI, 1 K
Low-A: West Michigan Whitecaps (38-40)
L, 5-0. vs. Dayton. Detroit’s first selection in last year’s amateur draft, Jake Thompson, got the start for West Michigan and pitched five scoreless innings. Calvin Drummond, who was recently promoted, threw one inning and took the loss for the Whitecaps while allowing an unearned run. Dayton scored one run in the sixth inning and four runs in the seventh inning. Devon Travis and Jeff Holm both recorded two hits in the loss for West Michigan.
- RHP Jake Thompson: 5 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 3 K
- RHP Calvin Drummond (L, 0-1): 1 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 0 K
- LF Danry Vasquez: 0-4
- SS Jared Reaves: 0-3, 1 K
- 2B Devon Travis: 2-3
- 1B Jeff Holm: 2-3, BB, 1 K
- CF Connor Harrell: 0-4, 2 K
- 3B Jason King: 1-3, BB, 1 K
Class-A Short-Season: Connecticut Tigers (3-7)
L, 1-0 vs. Vermont. Detroit’s recent first round selection, Jonathon Crawford, started for the Tigers and pitched three innings. He allowed one unearned run on three hits while striking out four and not yielding a walk. Ben Verlander recorded one of Connecticut’s three hits.
- RHP Jonathon Crawford (L, 0-1): 3 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 4 K
- RHP Hunter Scantling: 5 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 2 K
- CF Austin Schotts: 0-4, 3 K
- RF Ben Verlander: 1-3, BB
- 1B Pat Leyland: 0-3
- LF Kasey Coffman: 0-3, BB, 2 K
- SS Javier Azcona: 0-3, 1 K