USA TODAY Sports
The Tigers will play a rare night game at Joker Marchant Stadium tonight against the Houston Astros.
Time/Place: 6:00 p.m., Joker Marchant Stadium
SB Nation Blog: Crawfish Boxes
Astros also scheduled to pitch:
Tigers lineup: Jackson 8, Hunter 9, Cabrera 5, Fielder 3, Martinez dh, Berry 7, Peralta 6, Avila 2, Infante 4
Things to know about Lucas Harrell:
- He was excellent in his last start against the Washington Nationals, throwing four shutout innings before leaving with what seemed like a minor groin injury, something that he has apparently dealt with before.
- His legs are roughly 90% of his body, which would probably make his groin more susceptible to getting injured. Case-in-point: Little Nicky Punto's effort gland.
- He is very good at dodging broken bats.
- He relies primarily on a two-seam fastball to get ground ball outs, an approach that the Astros organization as a whole seems to be moving toward. He used his offspeed pitches sparingly, as in less than 30% of the time overall, in 2012.
- He will completely dominate the Tigers lineup for seven innings at least one time during the regular season.