● Paul Konerko says he's not worried about his slow start. And just in case you were wondering if struggling bats mean the White Sox don't care:
Konerko's been giving one of my fantasy teams a bunch of zeroes, and I know I give an [expletive] about that. Almost cut the dude so I could pick up Xavier Nady or Mark DeRosa this morning.
● South Side Sox thinks the team might be ready to break out of their early-season malaise, however.
● In that same notebook from the Chicago Sun-Times is an Ozzie Guillen quote about his team's success at Comerica Park that might chap some Detroit Tigers fans:
● The Chicago Tribune's Phil Rogers believes that Mark Buehrle's no-hitter on Wednesday could give a jump-start to the White Sox pitching staff.
Actually, I think it's too bad the Tigers aren't facing Buehrle this weekend. Because you know he's not going to throw a second straight no-hitter.
● Also from the Tribune, beat writer Mark Gonzales thinks the Sox could miss noted Tigers killer Freddy Garcia, who was traded to Philadelphia in the off-season. (At least he wasn't kicked down to the bullpen like Brett Myers was. No more grumbling about fantasy teams...) Garcia has a 15-5 career record against Detroit.