● After the news broke that Ken Griffey, Jr. and Barry Bonds would wear #42 on April 15 in honor of Jackie Robinson, I was wondering who might sport the number for the Tigers. Now we have our answer: Gary Sheffield. (via Billfer)
● And our old friend Dmitri Young will wear #42 for your Washington Nationals.
(I have to get my hands on some Flying Tigers swag, man. Every game is a mission!)
● Watching Angels in the Outfield has inspired From the CoPa to cast a movie about the 2007 Tigers. Thankfully, there's no Tony Danza. I'll have to give this some thought before chiming in with suggestions of my own.
● Here's an early candidate for Worst Headline of the Year. C'mon, Detroit News: you can do better than this.
● And finally, I'm going to try and spend this Easter weekend sprucing up the BYB sidebars a bit. If you have a chance, give it a skim and let me know if there are any egregious omissions or sites that aren't receiving a proper link. I don't think the Tigers' internet community gets the attention and notice it deserves, so I'd like to do my part in pumping it up.