So much for a sweep this weekend. Was it silly to even hope for one?
- Kenny Rogers can't put two decent starts together anymore.
- Despite Jim Leyland not going with a "Sunday lineup" and playing almost all of his regulars, most of them decided to take the day off anyway.
- Except Placido Polanco. Two hits and two RBIs ain't a bad day.
- How does a team get so little (three runs) out of so many hits (nine)? This has been happening all season. The Left on Base numbers continue to be infuriating.
- When watching Joakim Soria pitch the ninth, I was wondering how much longer he'd be in a Royals uniform. But unless another team offers something nice, there's no reason to trade him. KC signed him to a great contract.
- On the bright side - and yes, I'm really reaching - Nate Robertson made his Tigers debut as a reliever and got two outs in the eighth inning.
That's all I got.