One more day remains in the Detroit Tigers' All-Star break. (This year, we don't have to hear any complaints from Jim Leyland about how most other teams get that Thursday off while the Tigers have to play.) But four days without baseball can make a fan twitchy. We're here to try and help you through that.
Welcome to "BYOBYB," the off-day open thread where you can chat about anything you'd like: Your Detroit Tigers, Major League Baseball, Detroit sports, food, movies, TV, food, lawn care tips, etc.
Possible topics for the afternoon?
- Was the rest of the country introduced to Curtis Granderson on Tuesday night? With the slow day in sports and a lot of talk about the All-Star Game, Grandy got a lot of publicity for his triple and game-winning run. Or do most fans already know about Granderson because of his blogs for ESPN and Yahoo! over the past couple of years?
- Carlos Guillen went 0-for-3 for the second straight game on his rehab assignment. Does this matter at all?
- Did anyone have to negotiate I-75 this morning after last night's tanker truck crash?
- And of course, we're about two weeks from the trade deadline. What would you like to see the Tigers do? What do you realistically think they can accomplish? (Eye of the Tigers' interview with Ben Nicholson-Smith of MLB Trade Rumors might give you a few ideas. Although I think his read on the Tigers' needs is off.)
- Those of you on Facebook probably know by now that you can choose "custom URLs" for yourself. Now, you can do the same for fan pages. And BYB has a Facebook page, but "blessyouboys" is not available. This, of course, is an outrage. But I still want to create a custom URL. And I was hoping you could help me out with a suggestion or two. It can't be "byb," because usernames have to be at least five characters long. Should it be "bybtigers"? Help a blogga out!
- By the way, have you become a fan of BYB on Facebook? Or followed us on Twitter? Just checking.
Of course, you can bring up anything else you want to talk about. It's "BYOBYB."
P.S. If you're new around here, have you said hello in The BYB Introduce Yourself Open Thread yet?