Hi folks. Ever since the 2011 schedule came out, I've had our next meet-up in the back of my mind. I know it seems like a million months away, but for those of us planning it's a lot easier to start working way in advance. Last year worked out great and planning was pretty stress-free, and we started even earlier!
So here is a quick poll, and then in the comments please leave us any suggestions. Tell us what you liked about this year's meet-up, and also tell us what you'd like to do differently, or what you think we could add to it to make it even better. For example: Do you want the same seats (section 114), or should we try a different part of the park? I've also got some notes below the jump, so if meeting up is something you're really into, please read them. Thanks!
- I picked these dates for three reasons: 1. July won over May last year by a huge margin. 2. Several attendees expressed interest in meeting up the same time of year again. 3. I probably can't afford to come sooner, and I'm planning this thing, so there.
- However, if an overwhelming number of people want to meet-up sooner/later, that's what the "Other" option is for, check it, make a suggestion, and we'll go from there.
- The Mud Hens are home the two weekends in the poll, so this will provide another chance for us to make a little trip to Toledo again, which I personally enjoyed.
- The Tigers are home for some days surrounding these two weekends, so out-of-towners get a chance to see more games if they want.
- Next year I'd like to try to plan something to actually do after the game. Some of us went to the casinos and a couple bars, which was fun in the end, but it was pretty discombobulated and we kept getting separated. Please pass along ideas!