We're still about a week away from holding our draft for the Official Bless You Boys Fantasy League, hosted by the CBSSports.com Commissioner League, so now feels like a good time to get some advice.
Namely, just what the heck am I getting myself into?!
I've never been in an auction league before -- before this year I've never played fantasy baseball online at a place that offered it. I have almost no clue what I'm doing.
And as far as I can tell, that much is true for most of the participants in the BYB League.
So you fantasy baseball wannabe experts out there, what do you think the best way to put together a roster for the league is? Gather a lot of value players? Make sure you get the best, most consistent players out there and fill out your roster with minimum cost players? Go for first basemen and outfielders first, or middle infielders? How about pitching?
We're doing a roto league with on-base percentage and slugging subbed in for batting average and home runs, but pitching stats are the traditional 5x5 variety
Weigh in! What should we be doing?!
Just a reminder about some of the features of the CBSSports.com Commissioner League benefits:
- You can customize the entire league the way you want (rules, scores, teams), LIVE scoring & stats so you can follow along as your teams rack up points.
- Keeper league capability to carry on the tradition for many seasons to come.
- Expert analysis provides up-to-date information on all players & teams.
- Live chat/league messenger to trash talk with your competition.
- 50 percent off the normal cost if you sign up through a BYB link.
- 14-Day Free Trial included (for any new leagues created)
If you want to support your favorite Tigers blog and give the CBSSports.com League a try, give this link a look!
CBSSports.com is an SB Nation partner and paying sponsor of the SB Nation baseball communities. This post is one of a series of sponsor endorsed posts related to the CBSSports.com Fantasy Baseball Commissioner League.