|Final - 4.12.2010||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||R||H||E|
|Kansas City Royals||0||0||0||4||1||3||0||2||0||10||15||1|
|WP: Luke Hochevar (1 - 0)
LP: Max Scherzer (0 - 1)
OK, you know exactly how the Tigers feel. You have a case of the Mondays too, don't you?
Four errors and four unearned runs, shoddy defense, shoddy pitching, shoddy hitting with runners in scoring position, shoddy managing.
You name it, and it was shoddy. And if you don't like that one, just swap out the "O" and the "D" for other letters.
With nothing else to say about this game, how about a trip through some more numbers?
- 193 pitches thrown by the Tigers
- 92 pitches thrown by left-handed relievers Brad Thomas and Fu-Te Ni. Hope the Tigers don't need more than Phil Coke on Tuesday!
- .091 (or 1 for 11, if you prefer) batting average with runner in scoring position
- 2-0 lead ... given away. But at least the Tigers had a lead, I suppose.
- And I guess for a bit of positive: Austin Jackson, Brandon Inge and Carlos Guillen all had two hits.
- The Tigers are 5-2.
No reason to dwell on it past that. Let's move on to Tuesday's game, shall we?
Comment of the Night
Chris DTX storms back after a good spring training showing gave way to a poor first week's effort.
I liked Scherzer's first start better.
He was focusing with his blue eye that game. Today, he’s obviously pitching with his brown eye. Thanks, I’ll be here all week.