#44: Nick Castellanos: He's got a great bat. While he'll move to the hot corner, he's got great power and hitting ability. He's one of the best raw power bats in the draft. Don't expect him to move quickly, though. Defense is still a question even at 3B, and he'll be a tough sign, but he's our new best hitting prospect and a stellar 3B choice. He may have to move to RF (speculation on my part) but he'll be a hell of a hitter either way.
Quick links on Castellanos:
- Alli found this story on him at ESPN Rise. Pretty good read.
- Here's Andy Seiler's profile on Castellanos.
- Baseball Rumor Mill has a little blurb on him- their news archives are awesome though.
- Here's the MLB scouting report with video footage.
- Project Prospect ranked him 4th overall, which is awesome when you have the #44th pick.
- Another great scouting report, this time from PNR Scouting.
- Castellanos has also won an award: best player in Florida.
#48: Chance Ruffin: Not happy. Above average fastball, plus slider, curve is a bit above average, change is average. Stuck between closer land and setup guy land. Not happy at all- when Stetson Allie is on the board, this is a signability pick
Quick links on Ruffin:
- Start with Andy Seiler's profile on Ruffin.
- MLB has another scouting report, including some video.
- Ruffin's sort of eccentric- he writes his stats on his hat for motivation, among other things.
- Ruffin was also Big 12 Player of the Year- so he's a good player with a good history. He was also nominated for "Stopper of the Year".