The ALCS takes a break, giving the staff of Bless You Boys time to crank out our 22nd podcast. And we finally have other editors joining Al and Kurt to talk about the Tigers- Rangers ALCS. 4 talking heads are better than 2!
Bless You Boys Podcast 22 runs 1:12 and features managing editor Kurt Mensching, deputy editor Rob Rogacki, and your host, deputy editor Al Beaton. Everyone's favorite pontificating run differential zealot, David Tokarz, joins the podcast about 30 minutes into the show.
Topics discussed included:
- How are the editors holding up after another stressful series?
- Did Joe Posanski throw Justin Verlander under the bus in his media takedown?
- Miguel Cabrera's double off 3rd base, just plain lucky or bounces evening out?
- Injuries are not an excuse, they are a fact.
- Tigers' starters are out pitching the Rangers' starters...but the Tigers are down 3-2.
- Grading Jim Leyland's post season.
- Name your Tigers' ALCS MVP through 5 games. The 3rd base bag gets a vote.
- Listener questions ran the gamut: Odds of winning the ALCS, lineup black holes, channeling your inner Mlive.com commenter to point fingers, Ryan Raburn, fearing Nelson Cruz, Austin Jackson's struggles, the Cruz - Verlander "staredown", the Tigers' bullpen playing in an NL park, a eulogy for Magglio Ordonez and JonMoz contributes another lightning round!
In case you were wondering, we managed to get in several mentions of Brandon Inge. We won't ever have a BYB Podcast without Binge.
Final thoughts: David likes him some Dave Dombrowski, Rob welcomes newcomers, Kurt is damn hungry, and Al doesn't miss TBS.
We LOVE to hear from you. If you would like to have your question on next week's podcast, please email us at BYBPodcast at Gmail.com.
Click to directly download the MP3, or listen via the streaming version posted below.