The one day of downtime between series allowed us to recover just enough to put together an ALDS review/ALCS preview/TBS bitchfest, otherwise known as the Bless You Boys Podcast!
A skeleton crew recorded BYB Podcast 21, with a run time of 1:06. This week the podcast features managing editor Kurt Mensching and your host, deputy editor Al Beaton.
Topics discussed included:
- TBS is either awful or incompetent. Actually, they're both.
- What an emotionally draining series!
- There was too much love for Curtis Granderson.
- Did the Yankees' Joe Girardi panic? Was he out-managed by Jim Leyland?
- The Tigers' ALCS rotation.
- Are the Rangers a tougher matchup for the Tigers than the Yankees?
- There will be no changes in the Tigers' everyday lineup in the ALCS!
- Are you as tired of the "Beat down, underdog city of Detroit's spirit is raised by their sports teams" narrative as I am?
- Listener questions included rain delays, our ALDS MVP, Max Scherzer praise, stepping up in the next round, fearing Alexi Ogando, Al Alburquerque, lineup changes, the bullpen as a whole, we pick our NL favorite, and the return of the the lightning round!
And yes, we managed to squeeze in a mention or two of Brandon Inge. It's not a BYB Podcast without Binge.
Final thoughts: Kurt and Al shower the BYB community with praise!
We LOVE to hear from you. If you would like to have your question on next week's podcast, please email us at BYBPodcast at Gmail.com.
Click to directly download the MP3, or listen via the streaming version posted below.