An exciting day in Marquette. Not so exciting in the baseball world, unless you live in Minnesota anyway. Here's a prowl of the evening news ...
- Tigers.com The Tigers announced their TV schedule.
Fox Sports Detroit will have 152 games. Nine more will be on Fox Saturday Baseball. And one? Well, Sept. 17 in Oakland falls in the exclusive window of Fox Saturday Baseball but unfortunately wasn't selected for a telecast. So that game is not being broadcast. But that's fine. Dan Dickerson does a pretty nice play-by-play job on the radio and should tide you over.
- Detroit News: Five Tigers Strengths and Weaknesses
On his blog, Tom Gage mentioned it was hard to come up with five weaknesses and he's glad they didn't ask him for a sixth. I'll be writing about all the storylines next week, in case you were desperately worried about upcoming posts!
- Examiner.com: Interview with Tigers prospect Patrick Leyland
Matthew LaFave has done several Q&A's lately, so check them all out.
- ESPN 1500: Sources say Twins open to dealing Liriano for right price
The Rangers and Yankees are said to top the list of potential suitors and a trade could happen anytime, the report says.
- Star Tribune: Trade Liriano? It isn't Just Crazy Talk
- Twinkie Town: A Dash of Truth
Our SB Nation sister site makes a few counter points to the Star Tribune article.
- Hardball Talk: Orlando Cabrera to compete for Indians; second base job
Asdrubal Cabrera will stay at short. Boy could that get confusing this season!
- Royals Review: Outfielders for the Royal to target
They want to target Casper Wells. I told them a firm "no" because we need him in Detroit.
- Flickr: Roger DeWitt
A local Lakeland photographer is out with his camera already snapping photos, and he's already let us know we can use them here at BYB. So we thank Roger for that and will definitely be taking him up on the offer. Be sure to check out his Flickr stream and tell him thanks too!
- MLive Prediction: Wells, Boesch will make Tigers' 25-man roster
I haven't given complete thought to my 25-man roster, but I don't think it will include both Casper Wells and Brennan Boesch. Maybe one or the other. Or hey, no one talks about Clete Thomas. (More on him next week too!)
- St. Petersburg Times: Several former Rays working out ...
A Bobby Seay update. (hat-tip TigerDog in the FanShots)
Bonus link: Excited Marquette preps for Obama's visit
I thought about not posting that at all. But hey. I was quoted in the Detroit News, may as well share that with you right? Fortunately that article was written by a local so there wasn't a lot of sociology about this strange Yooper tribe that lives above The Bridge in the "snowy wilderness." ... And hey, maybe some day the News will want to print my views on baseball too. We can always hope!