It's that annoying week between the Super Bowl and pitchers and catchers reporting. But that doesn't mean the news stops. Here's a quick scan of recent headlines.
Rangers slugger Michael Young is available. Should the Tigers pursue him? Three years and $16 million a year is a lot of money.
- I'm just going to say they won't and they shouldn't and move on with the day.
- The Tigers signed eight players to contracts, including starting pitcher Phil Coke. The other seven players were Duane Below, Audy Ciriaco, Charlie Furbush, Lester Oliveros, Jose Ortega, Ryan Strieby and Brayan Villareal. (Tigers.com)
- The Tigers' official blog, Comerica Park 48201, has some photos from the loading of the equipment truck. PAWs must have taken a look at the cost of flights to Florida, because it looks like he's trying to stowaway in one of the boxes!
- Detroit News' Tom Gage has more on that story.
- Lee Panas wrote about Weighted Component ERA -- better read the description post first -- and how the Tigers fared.
- John Parent at Motor City Bengals compared Magglio Ordonez and Delmon Young.
- Speaking of MCB, one of our commenters is joining the team over there. JayRC will write about prospects for them. Please go give him a warm welcome.
- Corey from AL Central in Focuss shared his thoughts on Jacob Turner.
- Rogo from DesigNate Robertson shared his thoughts on the 10 things he's looking forward to this season in a way only he could.
- Young can block a trade to Detroit. It's nothing personal, he will only allow a trade to eight teams.