Friday June 24, 7:05p:
LHP Zach Duke (1-2, 4.66, 17 K, 3 BB)
Hitter to Fear: Miguel Cabrera (5 for 12, 4 2B, 3 RBI)
Hitter to Fail: Jhonny Peralta (1 for 6, 2 K)
LHP Phil Coke (1-7, 3.95, 35 K,26 BB)
Hitter to Fear: Melvin Mora (1 for 1, 1 BB)
Hitter to Fail: Stephen Drew (0 for 1)
Saturday, June 25, 7:05p:
RHP Josh Collmenter (4-3, 2.09, 39 K, 11 BB)
Hitter to Fear: Has never faced a Detroit hitter.
Hitter to Fail: Has never faced a Detroit hitter.
RHP Justin Verlander (9-3, 2.54, 110 K, 26 BB)
Hitter to Fear: Henry Blanco (1 for 3)
Hitter to Fail: Kelly Johnson (0 for 3, 2 K)
Sunday June 26, 1:05p:
LHP Joe Saunders (4-7, 4.35, 52 K, 38 BB)
Hitter to Fear: Magglio Ordonez (9 for 21, 2 2B, 1 HR, 6 RBI)
Hitter to Fail: Ryan Raburn (1 for 14, 3 K)
RHP Brad Penny (5-6, 4.80, 40 K, 30 BB)
Hitter to Fear: Kelly Johnson (3 for 9, 1 RBI, 1 BB)
Hitter to Fail: Chris Young (2 for 17, 3 K)
What to Watch For:
1. Collmenter returns home - D-Backs starter Josh Collmenter is from Homer, Michigan and played ball at Central Michigan University. He is expected to have a ton of family and friends in attendance for his start on Saturday night. In his last 3 starts, Collmenter is 0-2 with a 4.24 ERA. Unfortunately for him, he takes on Tigers ace Justin Verlander. In Verlander's last 3 starts, he is 3-0 with an impressive 0.69 ERA.
2. Penny faces another former team - Brad Penny was drafted in 1996 by the Diamondbacks but never saw a Diamondback uniform. He spent his time in the minors with them where he won Arizona's Minor League Player of the Year in 1998. He was traded to the Florida Marlins the following year. Penny is 10-3 with a 1.99 ERA against the Diamondbacks in his career.
3. Former Tigers return home - Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson returns to Detroit where he played 12 seasons in a Tigers uniform. Another interesting fact, when Kirk Gibson was drafted by the Tigers in 1978, he started his minor league career with the Lakeland Tigers. The manager in Lakeland in 1978 was none other than Jim Leyland. Also, Diamondbacks bench coach Alan Trammell returns to Detroit where he spent his entire 20-year career as a player and then as a manager from 2003-2005.
4. Upton and V-Mart on fire - D-Backs outfielder Justin Upton is hitting .475 with 1 homerun and 8 RBIs in his last 10 games. On the other side, Tigers designated hitter Victor Martinez is hitting .444 with 7 RBIs in his last 10 games.
5. Return of Inge - Tigers third baseman Brandon Inge returns from his rehab stint after being on the disabled list with mono. He went 7 for 28 with 2 homeruns in his 7 game rehab stint. He is expected to start on Friday night, where he is 0 for 3 with 2 strikeouts against D-Backs starter Zach Duke.
Don't forget on Sunday, the brick wall at Comerica Park will get a new addition as the Tigers will retire Sparky Anderson's #11.