It was touch and go and took considerable effort (plus Kurt missed the latest Futurama episode), but Bless You Boys Podcast 8 is live for your consumption!
This week's roundtable includes editors Al Beaton, Kurt Mensching and Allison Hagen, who discuss the past week of Detroit Tigers baseball.
Let's not forget the special guest. BYB community member and Tigers blogger, David Olvera, whom you may know better as 13194013 from the game threads, joins in on the fun.
Topics for this week include:
- Just who is Lester Oliveros?
- Mets destroy Tigers pitchers not named Verlander, Benoit or Valverde.
Phil Coke to the pen, Charlie Furbush to the rotation.
Daniel Schlereth sent down to Toledo, Brayan Villarreal recalled.
- Don Kelly, pitching wizard.
Rick Porcello, not a pitching wizard.
- Tigers reportedly shopping Brad Thomas.
- Carlos Guillen starts rehab with Lakeland.
- Jim Leyland’s umpire baiting and pantomime show.
- Thoughts on the Tigers finally retiring Sparky Anderson’s number.
We also answer several questions from the Bless You Boys community. We LOVE to hear from you. So remember, if you would like to have your question on next week's podcast, please email us at BYBPodcast at Gmail.com.
Final thoughts: Allison has more news on Lester Oliveros, David is happy to pollute our podcast-waves, Kurt is a curmudgeon and Al believes the fan base would never survive a pennant race like 1987's.
To listen, click here to directly download the MP3, or use the streaming version posted below the jump.
The BYB podcast is available on iTunes, just click here!