Actual news: according to Ken Rosenthal, the Tigers are willing to include Jacob Turner in a trade for Ubaldo Jimenez, but won't part with anyone on the big club (read: Rick Porcello)
What happened so far:
- Maicer Izturis took Rick Porcello’s second pitch of the game deep for a solo home run.
- Brennan Boesch tied the game with a monster home run in the bottom of the 1st.
- "That’s a nice launch right there." – Rod Allen, after Howie Kendrick nearly killed a cute kid in the stands after he couldn’t hold onto his bat in the 5th. Clearly, he cannot be trusted.
- Porcello calmed down after the home run, but gave up another run on a couple Angel hits in the top of the 5th.
- Razor Ramon Santiago used his "sneaky power" (another Rod-ism) to drive in Alex Avila with an RBI double off the right field wall in the bottom of the 5th.
- The Tigers blew up for 4 runs in the bottom of the 6th, chasing starter Tyler Chatwood.
Topics from the previous thread:
- Other blogs and how impressed they are of our banhammer skillz
- Commenting stats: all those not named Alli or SabreRoseTiger need to step their game up (but congrats to lesmanalim for hitting the 2k milestone)
- Baseball Reference’s auto-censor
- Fun with madpoopz
- How much the Chicago Bears suck
- FSD’s trivia question (not really a big topic, but I got it right and I’m proud of myself)
- Pre-mature Doug Fister jokes