I'm back from my Florida vacation, which means the Bless You Boys Podcast has higher production qualities...though the low brow content remains the same!
This week the podcast runs 1:24 and features editors Al Beaton, Kurt Mensching, and Allison Hagen. Joining us is very special guest Grey of Fire Gerald Laird. Grey is better known on Twitter as @spacemnkymafia and as NefiPerezHilton in the BYB comments.
Topics covered this week included:
- Al Alburquerque struck in the head by a line drive during batting practice.
- Contract extensions for everyone!
- Dave Dombrowski gets four years, Jim Leyland one year, by request. Were the extensions deserved?
- Tigers lose 2 of 3 against the douchebag Indians, still lead the Central by three games.
- The time to bench Magglio Ordonez and Carlos Guillen is nigh.
Casper Wells, anyone?
- Milestone 1 - Jose Valverde sets club record of 33 consecutive saves.
- Milestone 2 – Justin Verlander wins 100th career game.
- Why isn't Wilson Betemit playing more?
- Will Brandon Inge return before September in order to make him playoff eligible?
- With Victor Martinez injured, should a backup catcher be called up?
- Where's the power?
- Can you seriously say a team or player "lacks heart?"
- The return of listener questions!
We LOVE to hear from you.If you would like to have your question on next week's podcast, please email us at BYBPodcast at Gmail.com.
Final thoughts: Mostly about drinking, panicking and John Smoltz.
Click here to directly download the MP3, or you can listen via the streaming version posted below the jump.