It took two attempts and far too much time, but Bless You Boys Podcast 16 is in the books. I screwed up on the first recording, and rather than skip a week or try later in the week, we immediately fired up and tried again. All for you listeners! So if we sound a little tired toward the end...blame me.
The podcast runs 53:12 and features editors Al Beaton, Allison Hagen, Rob Rogacki, the long missing David Tokarz, and our special guest, Scott Rogowski, aka Rogo of Designate Robertson!
Again, I apologize for my screw up, as I lost a damn good conversation. Thanks to Rogo and the other editors, I hope we managed to pick up the pieces!
Topics for this week include:
- Tigers win 6 of 7, sweep the Tribe, take 3 of 4 from the Rays.
Twins trade Jim Thome to the Indians. Too little, too late?
- Did Brandon Inge make the right decision on the walk off fielder's choice, and was his arrogance about it off-putting?
- Does Inge really serve a role on the Tigers?
- Brad Penny bitches about Sean Rodriguez's hustle, called out by the Rays' Joe Maddon..
- Scherzer, Porcello, Fister, oh my.
- Encouraged by the performances of Ryan Perry and Daniel Schlereth against the Rays?
- If Brennan Boesch is going to miss time with the thumb injury, who is the best internal replacement?
- Does a pitcher named David Pauley pitch for the Tigers, or am I only imagining it?
- Should Jose Valverde return as the closer in 2012, or are there internal options?
- We pick the Tigers' MVP.
- Only one listener question. What happened people?
Final thoughts: Exhaustion, run differential, picking on the missing Kurt, and bunting.
We LOVE to hear from you.If you would like to have your question on next week's podcast, please email us at BYBPodcast at Gmail.com.
Click to directly download the MP3, or you can listen via the streaming version posted below.