What happened since the last thread:
- More scoreless baseball. Duane Below and Daniel Schlereth have pitched for the Tigers.
- Less studying this time, but I learned that a hemarthrosis is where a person bleeds into their joint capsule, resulting in breakdown of said joint.
- Varicose veins are caused by a failure of the valves in the veins of the legs, but don't usually impair blood flow back to the heart. They are more common in women, especially after pregnancy.
- Emphysema is caused by the destruction of the elastic fibers surrounding the alveoli, or air sacs in your lungs. This destruction of tissue impairs your ability to exhale, not inhale.
- Cirrhosis of the liver is repaired with scar tissue. You never regain the functionality of those cells.
- Gasto-esophageal reflux disease (more commonly known as heartburn) is an impairment of the muscle that separates the esophagus from the stomach. Acid gets into the esophagus, causing pain.
Topics from the previous thread:
- The annoying girl jumping around behind home plate (seriously, where are her parents?)
- Alaska's hockey team and their beat writer
- The unmentionables (1:38), and whether flipping them inside out really works
- Harry Potter characters, some of whom have shown off other magical talents
- Tattoos and Terrelle Pryor jokes
- Enrique Gonzalez and his new toy