We at Bless You Boys have said all through the off season we'll record podcasts whenever there's breaking news. Former Brewers 1st baseman Prince Fielder signing with the Detroit Tigers qualifies, you think? So we got the gang back together and started recording!
BYB Podcast 28 has a running time of 1:01, and features Kurt Mensching, Allison Hagen, Rob Rogacki and Al Beaton.
- Prince Fielder? For real?
- Was Tigers owner Mike Ilitch the driving force behind this signing?
- Is this contract all due to Victor Martinez tearing his ACL?
- Have the Tigers become prohibitive favorites in the AL Central?
- It's World Series or bust for Ilitch.
- Jim Leyland has to bat Miguel Cabrera 3rd and Fielder 4th, right?
- Where does Cabrera best fit in the field, if at all?
- If Cabrera moves to 3rd base, what happens to Brandon Inge and Don Kelly?
- A year from now, the Tigers will have Cabrera, Martinez and Fielder on the roster. Who plays where? Could we see a trade?
- If not Cabrera, who will be the DH?
- You may want to ignore them, but there are some parallels to 2008.
- The Cecil Fielder factor.
- Can the Tigers afford 3 players making $20 million plus a season?
- Is it too early to worry about future contracts and roster fallout 4-5 years down the line?
- Let's not forget the Tigers still need a starting pitcher, and possibly a DH.
- Is Yoenis Cespedes still an option?
- We’re already seeing a backlash. Some pundits and bloggers say the deal is too long, too expensive, Scott Boras is evil, Fielder won’t age well, the Tigers are over loaded with 1B/DH types, they should have signed a starter and a table setter, and so on. Do they have a point?
Brandon Inge mentions: Several!
Blogs mentioned: Fangraphs
We LOVE to hear from you. If you have any questions or comments about the podcast, please email us at BYBPodcast at Gmail.com.
Click to directly download the MP3, or listen via the streaming version posted below.