Just like last year, the Tigers decided to go nuts as I write the overflow. Here's what has happened so far:
- Miguel Cabrera homered in the bottom of the 1st to put the Tigers up 2-0.
- Prince Fielder and Alex Avila both hit opposite field homers in the 4th inning to boost the lead to 5-0.
- Both Cabrera and Fielder went yard in the 5th inning, putting the Tigers up 7-0 and starting off a repeat of the 1998 home run race (minus the steroids).
- Doug Fister left in the top of the 4th inning with a "left side injury." His final line: 3.2 IP, 3 H, 3 K, 1 BB. Duane Below is pitching now.
- Cabrera has made a few fantastic plays at 3rd base, including an awesome diving catch in the 5th inning.
- Josh Beckett: 4.2 IP, 6 H, 7 ER, 3 K, 1 BB, and 4 HR allowed.
Topics from the previous thread:
- Lots of terrible jokes about beer and fried chicken
- Cleveland Indians FAIL
- Buck and McCarver
- Random Donner picture
- General panic over Fister's injury
Clearly, we're in early season form.