The usual suspects are back, having recovered from vacations and the BYB Meetup for this week's Bless You Boys Podcast.
BYB Podcast 51 has a running time of 1:14, and features Kurt Mensching, Al Beaton and Allison Hagen.
- Allison and Al survived the BYB Meetup! Kurt has returned from his UP walkabout!
- A 5-2 home stand is supposed to be really good, right?
- Tigers acquire Jeff Baker, immediately reap dividends.
- Don Kelly is designated for assignment, fans ask, "Why not Ryan Raburn? WHYYYY?!"
- In praise of Austin Jackson.
- Jim Leyland plays corner outfielder roulette.
- Andy Dirks is good.
- The AL MVP battle is down to ”Wonderboy” Mike Trout vs. Miguel Cabrera.
- Justin Verlander throws 132 pitches, people freak out. So Jim Leyland says 120 pitches should be a "piece of cake" for any starting pitcher.
- What happened to Joaquin Benoit and Phil Coke? Anyone? We're in need of answers!
- Concerned Fans Against Delmon Young’s Mustache.
- In this week in media idiocy we learn Jerry Green doesn't like wild cards or "fire sale" trades and misses Bowie Kuhn oh so much. In other news, it's no longer 1970. Now get off his lawn!
- JohnMoz's lightning round features Lloyd McClendon, stolen bases, accidentally on purpose head shots and a migratory Danny Worth.
- It was a good week for the Detroit Tigers, though you would never know it from fan reaction. Leaving games early and shutting off their TV's, only to miss miracle comebacks and some damn entertaining baseball.
Quintin Berry mentions: We don't hate Q-bert, we're just trying to keep expectations reasonable!
We LOVE to hear from you. If you have any questions or comments about the podcast, please email us at BYBPodcast at Gmail.com.
Click to directly download the MP3, or listen via the streaming version below.
The BYB Podcast can be streamed on-demand over your iPhone, Android Phone, BlackBerry or Palm/webOS phone via Stitcher Radio! You can find links to the app at Stitcher.com, the iTunes App Store, Google Play and other device app stores.