I, along with just about every other Tiger fan has an opinion on who the Tigers 5th starter should be, mine just happens to be a bit unconventional.
My thoughts are that the Tigers should implement a 6-man rotation with the unconventional part being that Verlander would still pitch every 5th day. The benefits of doing this would be...
1) Verlander gets to eat taco bell every 5th day.
2) The "trade Porcello" chatter would wane.
3) We would get both Smyly and Porcello in the rotation while it also limits the innings for Smyly as he has yet to be stretched out for the workload.
4) Given that Max has a very violent delivery It would limit Scherzer to 150-165 innings thus keeping the dreaded dead arm syndrome at bey.
5) It keeps our guys rested for the play-off push as well as the post-season. As for Verlander... Gods do not need rest.
A small sample. Days off would be rotating skipped starts for Porcello and Smyly.
Game 1: Verlander
Game 2: Scherzer
Game 3: Fister
Game 4: Sanchez
Game 5: Porcello
Game 6: Verlander
Game 7: Smyly
Game 8: Scherzer
Game 9: Fister
Game 10: Sanchez
Game 11: Verlander
Game 12: Porcello
Game 13: Smyly
Game 14: Scherzer
Game 15: Fister
Game 16: Verlander
Feel free to give me your opinions, whether it be a scripted verbal lashing or a good ole' atta boy.