The bat boys and girls down the first and third base lines play a key role in moving games along at a fairly brisk pace, but they need to be able to quickly avoid live balls. This particular ball girl failed miserably during a Spring Training game in Clearwater, FL.
Tonight, a ball boy at Progressive Field was able to get out of the way of a live ball, but just barely. A double off the bat of Jhonny Peralta came down the first base line straight towards the ball boy's perch.
Ryan Raburn came running in to throw the ball back into the infield with the ball boy hovering nearby.
That's the kind of effort that gets a guy noticed.
courtesy of @WorldofIsaac
• Recap: Tigers 11, Indians 7: Tigers sweep!
• Thurdays’s links: Max Scherzer likes Taylor Swift
• GIF of the day: Bat boy just don’t care!
• Home run blunders: Michael Bourn vs. Ryan Raburn
• Tigers fans stranded by the bus service ever