Bless You Boys Podcast 133 was recorded Halloween afternoon, October 31, 2014, has a running time of 80 minutes and features Al Beaton and HookSlide.
Special guest: Tony Paul of The Detroit News. You can follow Tony on Twitter at @TonyPaul1984. Also be on the lookout for the return of Tony's Hardcore Baseball show on Detroit Sports 105.1 in early 2015.
Download the MP3
Listen via the embedded on-demand stream:
Tony Paul interview:
- Have the Tigers plateaued under Dave Dombrowski's control?
- Did the team explore making a manager change with the availability of Joe Maddon (who was named Cubs' manager on Halloween) and Ron Gardenhire?
- Do the Tigers have any other options, or is Victor Martinez a must sign player despite his advancing age and demand for a four-year deal?
- How will the bullpen be addressed? Is there a possibility the Tigers eat the final year of Joe Nathan's deal?
- Torii Hunter is a free agent, and Andy Dirks was released by the team, only to be claimed by the Blue Jays. How will center and right be addressed?
- Is David Price trade bait?
- Will the 2015 Tigers remain an elite team or is it one in decline?
In the second half of the show, the guys discuss what they have been up to since the end of the Tigers' season, give their thoughts on the World Series and why television ratings were down, the busy day that was a Halloween Friday in Tigers' news, Miguel Cabrera's second off-season surgery in as many years, the frustration many felt when Dave Dombrowski refused to say much of anything during his post season presser, ponder what direction the team's payroll is heading and how that will affect the roster, which players will be trade bait, and of course, what they'll be up to for Halloween!
The Bless You Boys Podcast can be streamed on-demand over your iPhone, iPad, Android phone, Android tablet, BlackBerry device, or via the web on Stitcher Radio. You can find links to the app at Stitcher.com, the iTunes App Store, Google Play and other device app stores.