Bless You Boys Podcast 121 was recorded July 25, 2014, has a running time of 73 minutes, and features Al Beaton and HookSlide.
Download the MP3
Listen via the embedded on-demand stream:
- The Detroit Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from Rangers for prospects Jake Thompson and Corey Knebel.
- Did the Tigers overpay for Soria?
- Trading prospects is the equivalent of buying lottery tickets. You could hit it big, but the odds are heavily stacked against you.
- Are the Tigers scrapping their future with prospect heavy trades? Was the Soria trade a "screw the future" deal thanks to an octogenarian owner who wants a World Series win NOW?
- Should the bullpen have been better addressed during this past off season?
- Joe Nathan is still the closer. But for how long? Would Soria be best used in higher leverage situations earlier during a game?
- How should we define "winning the Soria trade?"
- Fangraphs: Joakim Soria and the value of a postseason relief ace.
- When Dave Dombrowski says it's 'highly unlikely" Joel Hanrahan pitches for Tigers, he's actually saying "Hanarahan will not pitch for Detroit in 2014."
- Some things will never change, such as the Tigers' connection with Lakeland.
- Debunking baseball voodoo: There are no such things as jinxes.
- Ryan Raburn is gonna Ryan Raburn. Just ask Corey Kluber.
All that, plus tangents galore!
The Bless You Boys Podcast can be streamed on-demand over your iPhone, iPad, Android phone, Android tablet, BlackBerry device, or via the web on Stitcher Radio. You can find links to the app at Stitcher.com, the iTunes App Store, Google Play and other device app stores.