In this episode of the Bless You Boys podcast, HookSlide talks with Fox Sports Detroit television announcer Mario Impemba about life in the broadcaster's booth, the Tigers' eight-game skid, working with Jack Morris and Rod Allen, and legitimate Sno Cone flavors. Run time is 40 minutes.
Topics in this episode include:
- Mario's continued work with the Military Veterans Program that brings veterans to Comerica Park to watch Tigers baseball
- On advantages and disadvantages to being a play-by-play announcer without professional baseball experience
- The differences between working with color analysts who have position player experience vs pitching experience
- On the difficulties of maintaining a calm and collected "game face" during broadcasts when the Tigers are playing frustrating baseball
- Why Brad Ausmus is rarely to blame for rough stretches like these
- Comparing this eight-game losing streak to the 2005 eight-game losing streak and the differences between those two teams
- What does it look like behind the scenes, especially in the clubhouse, when the team is struggling like this
- Is butter pecan really a valid Sno Cone flavor?
Click below to listen to the podcast.