With the Detroit Tigers inching closer to the playoffs despite a rotation held together with bubble gum and paperclips, Rob and HookSlide return for another episode of The Voice of the Turtle, and discuss whether 2015 is all for naught or if there is still a chance at cracking the AL wild card this season.
Topics in this week's episode include:
- How fun was that series against the Chicago Cubs?
- Who is actually in the starting rotation now?
- Miguel Cabrera: good at baseball
- Justin Verlander: also good at baseball
- The key to Nick Castellanos' turn-around
- Can the Tigers actually make the playoffs?
- Dave Dombrowski: Public Enemy No. 1 (sort of)
- Your weekly "this bullpen is awful" segment
- Listener questions!
- What makes you a die-hard Tigers fan?
Click below to listen to the podcast. Click here to download the podcast as an mp3.
- 03:20 Rounding the Bases: the one thing that's got Nick Castellanos back on track
- 25:25 Warming in the Pen: why the wild card chase just got a whole lot more difficult
- 37:40 High and Tight: who wins in a showdown between Dave Dombrowski and Al Avila?
- 55:30 Into the Mob Scene at Home: what was the worst trade Dave Dombrowski ever made?
- 1:16:50 The 7th Inning Kvetch: what makes you a die-hard Tigers fan?
Be sure to send us your thoughts, suggestions, and questions for next week's show. We're on Twitter at @blessyouboys, @BYBRob, and @HookSlideBYB, on Facebook at BYB.Tigers, and can also be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org!