If things seem a bit helter-skelter on this week's podcast, it's because we're uncomfortable. The Detroit Tigers have been solid lately, winning three of the past four series they have played, including a recent series victory over the Kansas City Royals. Baseball is getting more watchable in Detroit, and Tigers fans just aren't sure how to handle it.
Amid their restlessness, Rob and HookSlide discuss the recent boo birds that have come to nest at Comerica Park, and the pros and cons of daily fantasy sports. Their commercials -- and auto-playing video web ads -- might be the devil, but the product is, dare we say, kind of fun? Also, what should you be watching for as the Tigers play out the last two weeks of the season, and is it worth it to spoil the Minnesota Twins' playoff hopes?
Topics in this week's episode include:
- The Tigers are good again! Sort of.
- What's up with Miguel Cabrera?
- What the Tigers should expect out of Anibal Sanchez in 2016
- The trials and tribulations of third base coach Dave Clark
- Tanking the Right WayTM
- Are Tigers fans booing too much?
- That time that Brad Ausmus was right
- Listener questions! Including whether your favorite Tiger is a sandwich
- Daily fantasy sports, and whether they will make you rich
- Internet advertising, and how it won't make anyone rich
- 2:49 - Rounding the Bases: are you ok, Miggy?
- 27:07 - Warming in the Pen: you need to stop waving this guy around third
- 41:48 - High and Tight: the art of booing
- 1:03:34 - Into the Mob Scene at Home: this is the one guy we’re excited to see leave in 2016
- 1:21:51 - The 7th Inning Kvetch: get rich quick, so you can start paying for content
Click below to listen to the podcast. Click here to download the podcast as an .mp3 file.
Be sure to send us your thoughts, suggestions, and questions for next week's show. We're on Twitter at @blessyouboys, @BYBRob, and @HookSlideBYB, on Facebook at BYB.Tigers, and can also be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org!