Since Rob and HookSlide last went back and forth on episode three of The Voice of the Turtle, the Detroit Tigers have lost nine of their 11 games. They have dropped 20 (!) games behind the Kansas City Royals in the AL Central and are close to scraping the bottom of the American League's depths.
This means one thing: bad September baseball!
Obviously, we're not excited about this, but episode five of the podcast helps shed some light on a few bright spots and things to watch in the last month of the season. Topics in this week's episode include:
- HookSlide wanted a dumpster fire in Toronto, and he got one
- Justin Verlander is still worth watching
- What is a pseudoaneurysm? Will Shane Greene be okay?
- The excitement (or lack thereof) of September call-ups
- Ways to stay entertained by meaningless games in September
- Are the Tigers giving up on the 2015 season?
- Will Victor Martinez bounce back in 2016?
- Listener questions! Including whether Nick Castellanos' pants have a certain mojo about them.
- What kind of manager should the Tigers hire, assuming Brad Ausmus is fired?
- 2:06 - Rounding the Bases: the only good thing really worth talking about with the Tigers these day
- 21:33 - Warming in the Pen: the biggest pitching mismatch of the season, and guess who's coming back to Comerica?
- 41:33 - High and Tight: have the Tigers players mentally checked out for the season?
- 56:05 - Into the Mob Scene at Home: listener questions and what do high socks have to with good baseball?
- 1:20:34 - The 7th Inning Kvetch: what kind of manager do the Tigers need in 2016?
Click below to listen to the podcast. Click here to download the podcast as an mp3 file.
Be sure to send us your thoughts, suggestions, and questions for next week's show. We're on Twitter at @blessyouboys, @BYBRob, and @HookSlideBYB, on Facebook at BYB.Tigers, and can also be reached at email@example.com!