We might be losing it. With no real baseball to talk about over the past two weeks, Rob and HookSlide still found a way to turn in their longest show to date, recording a two-hour, 21 minute podcast entirely about J.D. Martinez's two-year contract extension.
...and a few other things.
This week's show also covers what the Tigers' master plan is, what with all the contracts expiring after the 2017 season. In the meantime, Rob and HookSlide also discuss where the Tigers sit in the AL Central race for 2016, and just how good of a job general manager Al Avila did this offseason. They also break away to talk about the team's top prospects, including those heading to spring training as non-roster invitees. Naturally, there were also a few listener questions involved, and Rob finishes up the show with a rant about how awful most of sports media truly is (besides BYB, of course).
Please get here soon, baseball.
Topics in this week's episode include:
- What do we call J.D. Martinez's new contract?
- Al Avila's master plan for baseball domination
- The Tigers' best, worst, and most underrated moves of the winter
- Which team will most certainly win the AL Central because we picked them to do so
- The players we will have to Google during spring training
- This whole prospect thing? Kind of fun
- Listener questions!
- Where Calvin Johnson would play if he were a Tiger
- How awful sports media is, and why BYB is awesome
- Spring training and your slow descent into madness
- 3:33 - Rounding the Bases: Martinez!
- 21:08 - Warming in the Pen: let’s grade the Tigers’ offseason
- 1:10:34 - High and Tight: prospects and spring training invitations
- 1:39:28 - Into the Mob Scene at Home: NOW WHAT?
- 2:03:40 - The 7th Inning Kvetch: sports media coverage (mostly) sucks
Be sure to send us your thoughts, suggestions, and questions for our next show. We're on Twitter at @blessyouboys, @BYBRob, and @HookSlideBYB, on Facebook at BYB.Tigers, and can also be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org!