Time to pan- wait, just kidding. The Detroit Tigers suffered a few more injuries in spring training last week, including Cameron Maybin's wrist fracture, but things as a whole are looking up. Bryan Holaday is hitting the cover off the ball, Steven Moya is drawing walks, and the biggest names on the roster aren't on the injury report. So far, so good, right?
The Tigers capped off a productive week in Lakeland, and while we don't care about the results of games -- they're 6-4 after Wednesday's win, our crack research team revealed -- the Tigers are doing plenty of tinkering. Rob and HookSlide delve into these mysteries on this week's podcast, along with some of the position battles taking place throughout the roster. They also gush over a couple prospects -- namely, Joe Jimenez and his wicked breaking ball -- answer a few listener questions, and talk about Anthony Gose's disdain for defensive metrics.
Not bad for a week's work.
Topics in this week's episode include:
- Cameron Maybin's brittle wrists, and who replaces him on the roster
- Anibal Sanchez and the right arm that won't keep quiet
- Who the **** is Lucas Harrell?
- How playing 10 games gives you a 0-0 record
- Blaine Hardy's terrible, horrible, no-good, very bad spring training
- Joe Jimenez and scouting terms to know
- Listener questions!
- Steven Moya's future in Detroit
- Anthony Gose doesn't like stats
- 2:09 - Rounding the Bases: who got hurt this week?
- 20:28 - Warming in the Pen: the Tigers have improved their record to 0-0
- 39:36 - High and Tight: the spring training storylines are getting good
- 58:33 - Into the Mob Scene at Home: Moya, Moya, Moya
- 1:16:01 - The 7th Inning Kvetch: Anthony Gose is having growing pains
Be sure to send us your thoughts, suggestions, and questions for our next show. We're on Twitter at @blessyouboys, @BYBRob, and @HookSlideBYB, on Facebook at BYB.Tigers, and can also be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org!