Let’s face it: the Detroit Tigers stink. Sure, they have done well to restock their farm system over the past year. Their rebuild is on the right track so far, and they cleared a boatload of payroll in the trades they executed during the 2017 season.
But right now? They’re bad. Worse yet, they’re bad and they won’t be doing much to get better. General manager Al Avila won’t be going after any big ticket free agents this offseason, and he no longer has an owner willing to go over his head to sign superstars to huge contracts (rest in peace, Mr. I).
What I’m trying to say here is that we might get a little bored this offseason. The Tigers might not be all that interesting, save for a couple trades here and there. While that makes for a good rebuild — they can’t have more bad contracts taking up valuable roster spots and payroll, after all — it’s not so great for blogging. We’ll keep you abreast of everything the Tigers are doing, of course, as well as our usual deep dive on potential trade and free agent targets (though we might have to do more stretching than usual on that front this year).
After that, we need ideas! That’s where you come in.
- Should we write about other teams? Most of them are more interesting than ours.
- Do we dive into some Tigers history? We’ve done that a bit in the past, but there’s plenty more to cover.
- Should we write about other stuff? We’re still a Tigers blog, but don’t mind branching out to other sports, TV shows, or other random nonsense.
- Do you want to see some sort of community-centered content? We did a book club one year, and could execute something similar this winter.
- Do you just want us to go away? Well, that probably won’t happen, but we’d love to hear your feedback anyway.
Let us know what you think in the comments! We’re open to any and all suggestions.